Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 4

#9: Merlin

Merlin is a great site to find different links to the most up to date technology. There's anything from simple searches to detailed searches. I like Topix. As soon as I opened the webpage for it, Baltimore MD appeared with the latest up to date news stories. This is helpful so that someone doesn't have to always go through several webpages to find information. It's always current.

I like games, and I found on Merlin links to different game demos as well as creating avatars for a blog or just for fun. I used Meez, which I never heard of. While creating a Meez, it didn't differ too much difference than a Meego that's used by MSN. It was fun to create one and animate it. I don't think it will animate on here.
Merlin offers many opportunities for library staff to learn about technologies and different products, including gaming! I did find a site that I liked finding feeds off of...Feedster. First off, it was very colorful. Second, it was very easy to search for whatever you were looking for. And it returns many results from many different applications. It's very easy to navigate through. It's something I don't mind using if I'm looking for anything in particular.

No comments: