Friday, June 1, 2007

Week 1: General Excercise

1 - Headphones check
2 - Watching and Listening
3 - 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners - My thoughts

There were two Habits which I felt that are easiest for me when learning something:

Habit 1: Begin with the End in Mind
I felt this was easiest because whenever I start any project, whether it be something to learn or something to create, I always look ahead at what the outcome will be. I think of my goals first, where I want the project/idea to go, and try and discover the end results. I do all this before I start. This way, I have an idea of where I'm going and a path to try and follow. There are times I run into road blocks along the way and I have to edit my goal, but the end results are always the way I had expected, or close to it.

Habit 6: Use Technology to your Advantage
I also felt this was easiest because I'm a technology girl. I love technology. I like to learn mostly by viewing things on a computer, whether it be a PowerPoint presentation, a web page, video, or even just a document. If it's on a computer, I like it. I also like watching tutorials, either on a TV, computer screen, or anything else that can show tutorials. Technology is also a great way to do many things in life. It's a great accomplice, such as exercising to music. I can usually always find a way to learn with technology.

As far as finding a habit that would be most difficult, I would have to choose:

Habit 4: Have Confidence in Yourself as a Competitive, Effective Learner
I felt this would be the most difficult because there are times that I find myself not believing that I can do something when aiming at a goal. I try hard, but depending on the road block, I can quickly loose confidence and go away from my goal. A statement that I read in this 'habit' - "Don't say it or think it unless you want it to be true" really means something to me. I feel it will be one of my motivating statements while I'm going through this process as well as anything else in my life. If I want something to happen, and I know that it can and will happen, I'll speak up. But if I don't feel it will, I won't say anything at all. I don't want to feel bad in the end when something bombs. I want to have a positive outlook on things, thus making confidence a partly hard goal for me. I will give it a shot though!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Welcome! There seem to be several scrapbookers in our group of bloggers/learners. Maybe we can find a way to share ideas in a 2.0 way!