Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 3

Interesting Image (part a)

I looked around on Flikr and since I'm an animal person, I thought I'd go to the 'Hot Tags' page. I clicked on Animals and I found hundreds of them. They're all so cute, but I came across this image of wild horses. It brings back college memories for me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7539348@N05/543965962/

When I was in college, I used to ride horses next door to my college in between classes to kill off some time. It felt wonderful to feel the wind in my face and smell the fresh air. I loved helping out my neighbor take care of the horses. Interestingly enough, I met this person in a car accident I had outside of her place, well her boss' place anyway. She was the horse keeper. I was in a 5 car accident two houses down from the entrance of my school. I was alright, and she was riding the horses when she heard the accident happen, so she came out and helped direct traffic until the cops got there. I helped her out since I was alright. After a while of talking, and the cops went away, just before I got back into my car to go to school, she asked if I wanted to ever come over and help out with the horses. She'd teach me to ride them too. I've been on the normal rides where you have a guide pulling the horses around, but never was I able to ride one without help. So, I took her up on her offer.

I went over there a few days later and went riding about once or twice a week with her and my fiance. These weren't regular stable horses. These were retired race horses. I could really tell they were retired when they decided to start racing and I had to hold on so I wouldn't fall off. They were friendly though. I enjoyed myself so much over there. After a while, however, I had to stop coming over. I graduated school. I do miss riding horses though.

Looking at images that people post online is a great way for me to bring back memories. It's very interesting to see what a simple image can trigger in a person's mind. Flikr is great with allowing only handmade photos, not those copyrighted ones. These images truly show what people want to see.

No comments: