Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 3


#6: Flickr Mash-Ups and Third Party Sites
I've always wondered what it would be like to create a magazine. Now, I was able to create a cover for one! It was so easy to make. A simple click of a button and there's the cover...barcode and all. It's really neat to be able to do something like this. A little while ago I played Sneaks for my library at a local event. I had to try the costume on for size before I was able to wear it out. So, I paraded around my office and the cameras came out. This was one of them. Don't I look so happy? I created a SNEAKS Magazine. It was a lot of fun.
The ability to create these ideas is wonderful. With the use of API's, or Application Programming Interface, people can create anything their minds can think of to use digital photographs. I just happened across the magazine cover. You can create anything you desire, including trading cards and a miniature billboard that you would see on the side of the road. The site that I used (http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/) allowed me to create this wonderful masterpiece. Doesn't it look great? I wonder if there could ever be a SNEAKS Magazine?

No comments: