Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 7

#16: Wikis

Wikis seem great. They allow people to add or edit information on a special website. So many different places out there use wikis. I only thought of a wiki as attached to Wikilpedia though. I never knew so many existed out there. What I find interesting about wikis is that anyone can edit the information that is on the page. I wonder sometimes though if that information listed is correct or not. A good idea for libraries to use a wiki is to create a wiki that gives information about how to use different technologies, such as Firefox and Instant Messaging. With a site like this, people who use it for the instructions, can also edit it if there are any corrections, such as a missing step. Libraries can use this to an advantage and I think customers may find it appealing.

No comments: