Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week 8

#19: Award Sites

I looked at many sites, of course the 'fun' sites including fuzzmail http://www.fuzzmail.org/. On this site/email, you can write an email to anyone you want, but it will show up as if you are typing it right before their eyes. It even has your mistakes that you correct as you're typing. This is very handy if you want to get a message across, but don't want it to sound like a letter.

Another site I thought was useful is Biblio.com http://www.biblio.com/. This site can help you find used books, and even books that are out of print and hard to find at a normal bookstore. I did a search for Guinness World Records 1980 edition because my uncle is in the book for the largest cake ever baked, and I was able to find it...at $1.50! Now that's a bargain. The prices for books on this site are great. Libraries can use this tool if a customer is looking for a particular book and the library is unable to locate the book. I think it could really help.

I think there are a lot of sites and tools on this list of award nominees that people would love to have or to try. I had a great time exploring them and I'm going to explore more when I have some more time!

No comments: