Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week 9

#22: Audiobooks

I've always used Overdrive for my downloadable books. I can find many books there that I enjoy reading or listening too if there is an audio file. I've never used Project Gutenberg before, so I gave it a try. It's rather nice to be able to find many different versions of a book. Although I can't read French, knowing that books are there available in that language is cool. I searched generally for most downloadable books and came across Sherlock Holmes. I've always enjoyed reading stories of Sherlock Holmes and Watson. I also think it's great that you can read the books online without having to download them. Of course, downloading them is always best, but still, the idea of reading them online with no downloads needed is awesome. You could be anywhere with an Internet connection and you can read the book.

I really like having the ability to 'check out' books online and read them on my own time. Some books, yes, have a limit to how long you can have it out, but others you can download and listen to them even past the due date. I like that idea, especially if you can't get to the library to check out books or books on tape. This is a great feature that libraries have, and I enjoy using it.

No comments: